CopperDog is seeking people in our local communities who are interested in hosting a musher and their team for one or two nights and connecting them with mushers who need a place to park their vehicles and a warm/dry place to rest. This is the second year for this exciting program.
When are host families needed?
- Thursday, Feb 27 – Within 45 miles of Calumet
- Friday, Feb 28 – Within 45 miles of Eagle Harbor
- Saturday, March 1 – Within 45 miles of Copper Harbor
- Sunday, March 2 – Within 45 miles of Calumet
What do host families provide?
- Provide a quiet place for mushers and handlers to sleep
- A safe place to park their truck so they can feed and care for their dogs.
- Providing a meal is optional, but a nice touch
What can host families expect?
Dogs sleep in the truck and are not allowed to run free
- Dogs may bark and may make noise
- Mushers may arrive late and depart early
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in being a host family or if you are a race team in need of a host family, or just want more information about the program, please contact Melissa Goulette,our Host Family Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or just give her a call 906-337-3031.
Many great friendships are formed when hosting a team. It’s a great
opportunity for a host family to learn about mushing and how these
amazing athletic dogs are cared for. The host family also ends up with a
team to cheer on in the race.
Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Brassard Media. All rights reserved.