Note: Volunteer registration opens Monday, January 21 at 8:00AM!
The 2013 CopperDog 150 is rapidly approaching and event organizers are once again reaching out to our most important resource... volunteers from the community. Our volunteer army is simply amazing, maybe the best in racing today.
We welcome anyone and everyone both experienced and "newbies" to come and participate in this great event. Volunteers are the life-blood of the CopperDog 150, every single individual counts and we greatly appreciate your support.
New this year is the Lead Volunteer program. The focus of this program is to provide advanced race operations training to a handful (25 - 35) of passionate volunteers who will then serve as leaders and coordinators on race weekend. This program is open to anybody who is interested in giving more to the CopperDog effort (around 8 to 12 hours) in the weeks leading up to the race and have responsibility for various aspects of the race during the event.
Lead Volunteer Training Sessions
- We are seeking 25 - 35 passionate volunteers.
- At the Julita Center in Hancock
- Saturday, January 26 2013, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Saturday, February 16 2013, 10:00am-12:00pm
- We will be asking for a commitment between 8 to 12 hours in the weeks before the race.
- Please RSVP to email@example.com (so we set up enough tables)
Annual Volunteer Drive
- Sponsors by Aspirus Keweenaw, the Official Volunteer Sponsors of the CopperDog 150.
- At River Valley Bank, Calumet (on US 41)
- Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- Meeting mushers, pet dogs, treats will be served, learn about the race, volunteer sign-up.
Official CopperDog 150 Volunteer Training Session
- All volunteers are strongly encouraged to attend this training event.
- Behind CLK Schools, Calumet in rear parking lot
- Sunday, February 24, 2013, 1:00PM - 3:00PM
- 45 minutes of indoor training, demonstration, and discussion
- 45 minutes of outdoor "hands-on" handling of real dog teams.
- There will be “hands-on” training with sled dog teams, crossing
instructions, and general safety instructions from CopperDog
organization members as well as several of our local Mushers.
Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Brassard Media. All rights reserved.